- Empower kids with an opportunity to discover and experience the many joys, wonders and benefits of nature.
- Educate and develop an appreciation through Great Outdoors University experiences about the importance of conservation.
- Inspire curiosity about the natural world that fosters a passion for continued learning.
- Create a positive environment where kids can make discoveries, be creative,
learn new skills and build their self-confidence.
- Encourage kids to embrace personal responsibility, teamwork, and to master problem-solving abilities through learning hands-on outdoor skills and mentoring with strong role models.
- Impart science and math knowledge in a fresh and fun way through experiencing various outdoor activities.
- Promote physical fitness and mental well-being.
Mary Bures, Manager
Great Outdoors University
NC Wildlife Federation
2155 McClintock Road
Charlotte, NC 28205